Tuesday, September 08, 2009

OpenSolaris 2009.06 Update

Today I performed an update of my OpenSolaris 2009.06. It went perfectly. It is fascinating that I performed the update which also included a new boot environment without a hitch.

I performed a similar update to my MacBook Pro with OS X Snow Leopard, and was a lot less successful. In the Snow Leopard update, a number of my Java applications do not work now because Apple changed the packages (not names) of the GUI components. Also, the WiFi would not work. Since the introduction of the iPhone, Apple has lost some of its edge on OS X development. Don't get me wrong, I have an iPhone and love it, but Apple seems to spend more time on its development rather than core OS. I state this in spite of the claims its focus for 10.6.

0 comments :

Popular Posts