Friday, November 09, 2007

Building Maps into Your Swing Application with the JXMapViewer



I just read a great tutorial by Joshua Marinacci on using the new Swing Labs JXMapViewer component. His tutorial is on java.net. It took me 15 minutes start to finish to do the tutorial. At the end, I had a wonderful proof of concept for using mapping in a Swing application.

This is a tutorial that should not be missed. It is so well written with plenty of images to demonstrate the steps. BZ to Josh.



I have added a copy of my example application which includes the screenshots above here
You will need to fix the dependencies and point them to the jar files found in the root of the project directory

2 comments :

Unknown said...

where can i see the tutorial? the link that you provided wont work anymore :(

John Yeary said...

The original code on java.net is no longer available. I am sorry that I don't have the code someplace else.

Popular Posts